1. Twist off the top half of the No Mouse in the House ball.
2. Pry the edge of the seal with the toothpick (included) and remove it to expose the submerged wick in the bottom half (save the rubber seal if you want to).
3. Remove the upper wick (from the top half), stretch it out and then replace it.
4. Screw the top half back on, finger tight, and the wicks should connect. The oil will start wicking to the top of the unit and it should get slightly damp.
5. For an extra boost, turn the unit upside down for a couple minutes to saturate the whole wick. Then place, toss or roll the No Mouse in the House device at desired location or mouse entry point.